Wednesday 17 November 2010

In The Covenant Blessings of Christ, We have Enough; Genesis 33:3,9&11


"And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother" (Genesis 33:3).

The passing over of Jacob before his family should remind us of Christ's unequalled love, in the moment of danger, amidst His disciples in the garden; John 18:8.

_________________________________________________

CONTRAST BETWEEN ESAU AND JACOB'S "ENOUGH"

"And Esau said, 'I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself" (Genesis 33:9).

It is one thing to have enough of this world's goods, and it is another to have the Lord Himself for our portion; Genesis 27:39.

"Take, I pray thee, my blessing that is brought to thee; because God hath dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough. And he urged him, and he took it" (Genesis 33:11).

There is a difference in the expression of enough in this verse from the same expression in the 9th verse.

Jacob's enough means, I have all.

And so he had, according to Paul's explanation of covenant blessings [in Christ]; 1 Corinthians 3:22-23; Philippians 4:18-19.


No comments:

Post a Comment